Friday, October 29, 2004

Is It Alive?

From the wire:

DUBAI (Reuters) - Arab satellite television Al Jazeera said on Friday it would broadcast a video tape from al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden addressing the American people.

It said the tape, to be aired at 4 p.m. EDT, would discuss the reasons behind the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on the United States and their repercussions. It gave no further details.

Unless the savage provides proof of life, I'll treat this video as confirmation of death.

Bonus: It appears that either Osama is alive, or Michael Moore has lost a considerable amount of weight. Judging from the "My Pet Goat" rhetoric, it's just plain impossible to tell -- we can only wait on the analysts. The news here? Well, I'll let Steyn say it:

"Breaking: bin Laden Endorses Kerry"

As a colleague said a short while ago, I suppose you takes 'em where you finds 'em.

And Another: For the record, I see nothing in this latest tape to cause me to back off my earlier conclusions regarding the significance of al Qaeda's election-eve threats.