Friday, August 26, 2005

Miss Cleo Goes to Crawford

Is August over yet? Apparently not. Sadly, my prediction that "Mother Sheehan Mania" would die out a bit with Mother Sheehan's return to Crawford has proved a bit, well, wishful. But then I had no way of knowing that Mother Sheehan would stoop to channeling Casey :
I can just hear him saying “George Bush you are really an idiot. You didn’t know what you were doing when you killed me. You didn’t know what you were getting into.” And I’m sure Casey’s up there with Ken and all the others and they’re just going, “Wow, did these guys have moms? They didn’t know that this was going to happen when they killed us?”
Pathetic. Is August over yet? Can we please get some real news going? At the beginning, I sympathized with Mother Sheehan -- I didn't agree with her, but she had my sympathy. After nearly a month of full-bore foppery, she and her catered circus disgust me. It's one thing to disagree about the war. It's one thing to protest the war. It's another thing entirely to call the President a murderer who killed her son on behalf of the Joooooooos. feh. Is August over yet? I won't be posting about this twit again.