Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Lost

I think the producers of Lost made a mistake in not introducing the Tail-Enders last season. The playing out of their story has taken quite a bit of steam out of the show. In particular, the telling of the Island mythos has suffered quite a bit over the last 3 or so episodes. Now that Jack and Anna Lucia are face to face, perhaps the show can get back to the more interesting mysteries (I'd ask if anyone has even bothered to look for Desmond, but that question seems downright silly when there is golf to be played . . .?). There's no denying the show has strayed in Twin Peaks territory, i.e., too much build-up, too little pay-off. I just hope some answers (or at least interesting clues) arrive soon -- and I hope they are better than dancing midgets. I've been worried, though, since little Walt begin speaking backwards . . .