Friday, October 28, 2005

iTunes: A Random Disquisition

I finally broke down a few weeks ago and decided to check out this iTunes thing Lileks keeps mumbling about (mumbling, that is, in the most-consistently-interesting-
writing-out-there sense). Next thing you know I'll have an iPod (video, of course, to keep up with Lost (again, thanks Lileks, for that . . . and bloody Carnival as well). At any rate, I just wanted to say that, after spending the last 20 years mining the Grateful Dead's ouevre, I'd almost completely forgotten how much fun Van Halen could be. Love in the third degree, baby. Oh, hold on a minute. What's this? Roam? Why, yes. I think I will. And there's even a little bit of stuff from the The Jam on iTunes. (You remember them -- Paul Weller, Bruce Foxton and Rick Buckler? English sensation? You don't? That's a shame.). Not much. But some. How 'bout some more Buzzcocks, though? Having sufficiently dated myself (and revealed my time on the dark side of early 80s High School life), that is all.

Linked to Surber's Halloween trackback party, OneBigDog's Trackback Thread, and Adam's Blog. Why? Why not? (Pointers via MacStansbury).